The NEW look of Tender Greens
August 08, 2017
We love our original logo like we love our favorite David Bowie concert t-shirt. It's soft, comfortable, and connected to happy memories of people who brought us together and the meals we shared. But just like that favorite t-shirt, it's time to retire the arugula leaf and give ourselves a makeover.
This new identity captures what makes Tender Greens so special – we're a team of chefs cooking up amazing new dishes every day - inspired by our childhoods, culinary training, and the best from the farmer's market that morning. The new logo offers us the freedom to visually articulate how we pursue our passions and express ourselves creatively through the magic that happens in our kitchens.
Why red? Red is the color of sun-ripened tomatoes, roasted red peppers, fire, passion, love!
Designed by Paula Scher at Pentagram, our bold new look reflects the energy of our kitchens where true chefs innovate new dishes twice a day, every day.
The primary focus of the new logo is the “g” in Tender Greens - it's two stacked circles that represent a chef's canvas; a pan ready to cook market driven food and a plate ready to serve something delicious.
We're the same Tender Greens you know and love, just with better style. Our culinary point of view, hospitality, partnerships with local farmers, commitment to giving back in meaningful ways, and damn amazing food will always be at the core of who we are.
Welcome to Tender Greens, what can we make for you?
Read more about the why behind the design, Fast Company has the story.
major menu upgrade
Introducing four new menu items that we know you'll love:
- Fried Chicken Sandwich with spicy maple glaze, cabbage slaw, sweet and spicy pickles and chili aioli
- Grilled Salmon that’s GLOBALG.A.P. certified and sustainably farmed
- Serrano Grilled Shrimp Bowl with California sprouted rice, roasted corn, poblano chile, avocado crema, and cabbage
- Italian Chopped Salad featuring P. Balistreri Salumi, provolone, garbanzo beans, pepperoncini, cherry tomatoes and red wine vinaigrette
Daily Specials Now Online
- Photos and descriptions of the Chef's daily special updated twice a day, every day. Check what your local chef is making for the day's special.
- Easier than ever before. Online ordering now features including more precise estimated ready time, group ordering, catering menu, request deliveries for catering orders, and integrated with a new loyalty program.
- Order online, pay and loyalty program - learn more
- Available on September 1
packaging and uniforms
New recyclable to-go packaging
- Made from 20% recycled heat-resistant plastic.
- Custom designed in-house and includes a stamped "g" at the bottom that holds tasty side containers of mashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables in place.
- Recyclable paper bags as part of Tender Greens’ commitment to the environment and 360० sustainability.
Executive Chefs don custom-designed Hedley & Bennett aprons with signature red apron strings, and monogrammed names.
You like? Tell us how you really feel.